For most tenants in Quebec, January 1st to March 31st is the lease renewal period. For many, that also means receiving a rent increase notice from the landlord.
In this Lunch and Law session we will look at the basic rules of lease renewal and rent increases. In particular, we will cover:
- Are leases automatically renewed?
- What must a landlord do to request a rent increase or another change in the lease?
- How do I know if a rent increase is justified?
- What are my options for responding to a rent increase notice?
- What can the landlord do if I refuse the requested increase?
|To take part in this Lunch and Law session, please, visit our Facebook page!|